Our gift to Ry & the gift bags I made.Silly Contents:
Parachute Man
Slinky
Temporary Tattoos
Ball
Little Mugs
Fangs
Two years ago we started buying him Pinata's for his parties, First time we got him a BAT, then a SKULL, and this year a DRAGON. It's a fun tradition..He's the only birthday we do Pinata's on, kind of his own special thing, which makes it fun.
Devie playing with the Train Set
Hanging outWhen Ry arrived, His uncle (Rob) greeted him with a silly string gun and got him good! LOL. Before this, Rob tried it out on Ry's dad (Dave) and got him really good..completely covered with pink silly string from head to toe. Guys...

Ry's 11th Birthday Cake "Monster Truck Theme"This is what i came up with.. a "Monster Truck Cake." I frosted the cake with chocolate frosting. Then I frosted a rice crispy treat with choc frosting and used it as a wedge to prop up the monster truck. Than I lined up the cars, there is also one I placed underneath the truck too. Then I lined junior mints so it looked like a path. Than i smashed some oreo's, to look like "dirt" than frosted the other rice crispy treat and stuck the "happy birthday sign" in it and then covered it with smashed oreo's and DONE! It was quick, simple and fun. I told my sister he's gonna think it's lame... Well, When the kids showed up, ALL the kids including the birthday boy thought it was "AWESOME!!." :) :) :)
So every year I've made Ry's and the other kids birthday cakes. Well this year, I wasn't prepared..We had 5 minutes at the dollar store and I had to come up with an idea to decorate his cake so I quickly grabbed a monster truck,7 pack of cars, and two sets of number 1 candles to make 11 and Junior mints. We already had the chocolate cake mix, frosting, Oreo's and Rice crispy treats.
Even with the Rainy weather, Ry's dad (Dave) & Uncle (Rob) still managed to BBQ.Our Menu:
Hot Dogs
Chicken
Steak
Rice
Mac Salad
Chips
Chocolate Cake
Banana Creme Pie
And it was ALL delicious!!!

Today we had a birthday dinner for my nephew Uriah. He turned 11 years old! It's true..kids grow up so fast..I told him when you turn 16 and start driving..I'm going to feel really OLD! Haha! He's such a great kid! And we love him TONS!!
what a CUTE cake! it looks fantastic! AW! everything looks so fun. ps. LOVING the new blog layout. sooo cute!
ReplyDelete