Friday, December 24, 2010

"I can do it!"









Taking a break! Enjoying a Twix. In between, decorating her X-mas bag & picking a picture of the baby :)


She is so "hands on" and wants to do anything and everything to help or be involved.

We went to lunch at one of our favorite Chinese restaurants "The Rice King". Devie is a very independent little girl when it comes to most things, and eating is one of them. She insists on feeding herself. And does a good job! She's such a big girl, and tells me "I want to do it Mom!" or "I can do it!" so..I let her!

We went to pick up a stocking, and I realized all the stocking stuffers we have for her..won't all fit in her sock... SO I got an Idea! We picked up a reusable/recyclable Christmas Bag for $1 glitter glue pens for $1 and one silver frame for $1 too. We were going to make a Christmas Bag, that would surely hold all her X-mas stuffers. I wrote "Merry X-mas Devlyn" and she added her personal touches..she had so much fun doing it and would say "yay!" every time she would make a dot or blob "decorating" her Christmas bag. It turned out cute! And she was so proud of herself! :)

Next, when I was thinking of new ways to continue with helping her get used to the idea of the "new baby" coming..and learning about babies.
I found a cute frame at the store for a $1 And it gave me an idea to let her pick out one of the B&W ultrasound pictures of the baby and frame it, and place it by the tree where her picture is. It would give me a chance to talk to her about babies and she loves looking through the b&w pictures..we've told her everytime we get new pictures, there of "the baby" so since than she refers to them as it. I don't think she can quite make out exactly, arm from leg or baby lol. But she gets it..just like when we told her there was a baby in momma's tummy, from now on she'll kiss my tummy and point to it and say "baby's in there!" :)

Funny Story:
The frame we got, came with a picture of baby in it. She saw it and thought it was a picture of "our baby" in my tummy, because it was in fact a picture of baby lol. She choose her b&w pic for the frame and held on to the real looking picture of "our baby" hehehe.

So after are talks about the baby, over the last few months her version of what she picked up from that is "baby, gets bigger and bigger!!! than comes out!!!" *hand motions included* when she's telling you... lol




♥ T momma & DK

No comments:

Post a Comment