Monday, February 14, 2011

Our Sick Little Valentine ♥

Our Lil Devie has been sick..sick..sick! Since last weekend..She had a Temp of 102! And she has been miserable..I did everything, I could think of! Kept her hydrated, made sure she ate, gave her a lukewarm bath, rubbed her nose/chest with baby vicks, sucked her nose out, and alternated Motrin/Tylenol, Monitored her temps. I was so nervous that her Temp was so high! She doesn't get sick a lot..so it worried us. And her only symptoms were her fever & runny nose. After I put a cold rag on her forehead, I gave her a luke warm bath and medicine and her fever came down and she went from being sicky to feeling like a million bucks! To cheer her up, I gave her, her V-tines early..on Sunday. She got a Valentines Mickey & Minnie doll, Hello Kitty Pez & a Heart Balloon. It made her happy for the mean time. But than later that night, her fever spiked again and she was back to being sicky..she crawled into our bed. Which we didn't mind, cause we could monitor her closely. Her Daddy woke up throughout the night with her, and didn't get much sleep at all. So he took the day off to be with her & I called an made an appt with her pediatrician, Dr. Peterson. Rob took her to her appt, and told me it went Ok, Dr. thinks she's over the worst part now and doesn't think she has strep (which has been going around) or an ear infection. And just to watch her and if she still has a fever in 2 days to bring her in, and keep doing the Motrin/Tylenol. And if we wanted we could take her into the Respiratory Suction clinic, to get her nose cleaned out.


Since Rob was staying home with Dev, I went to work. We had a little V-tines party. Everyone brought something to share. We had a Potato Bar, Lil Smokey's, 7-layer Bean Dip & Cupcakes. We also gave out Valentines. Made me feel like a little school girl! Ha ha! ;)

My husband totally surprised me when he had Roses delivered to me at work this morning. I don't get flowers a lot. And I'm not complaining..I'm not a must-have flowers type of girl. He gives them to me on special occasions like Mother's Day from Devie. Or when I gave birth to our daughter I got a dozen Red Roses :) So to get Flowers..Let's just say "he got me!" And they were Beautiful!! The little card that came with it was cute too it read closely to this: "Happy Valentines Day Baby! I hope your day is going good, And I know this will make it even better! I love you more than all the fishes in the sea..With Love, from your only husband "I hope"." Ha ha! Very funny babe!






So I got off work late..I was kinda upset. Because, All I wanted to do was go home and be with my little girl and my husband. And the patient was 13 minutes late already..and when there 15 minutes late they count as a "No Show." But since she checked in at 14 minutes..we had to see her. So I turned my game face back on, got done assisting and went home. When I got home, Rob & I decided we should just go and get her nose sucked out so she'd sleep easier tonight. The Respiratory Clinic is inside Utah Valley Hospital (where I work) So it was back to the hospital! Before we went up to the Pediatric floor, Rob told Dev after she gets this done, he'd buy her a balloon from the gift shop, and she sweetly and softly said "uh huh!" and up we went. Poor thing, her nose was so stuffed. I'm so glad we took her in. The suction cleared her out so much! I was so surprised how much came out! ( I could never get that much out..with my bulb syringe "sucker") She freaked and cried when the nurse put the tube all the way down her nose..but who wouldn't find that unpleasant! It was over quickly, the Respiratory Therapist told us that she looks like she's getting over the worst part( same as what Dr. Peterson said) and her "boogies" should get thinner and thinner and by the color and the how good she's breathing well, it just looks like a "cold" and not "RSV" which is good news! And she isn't dehydrated or etc..so she looks like she is doing good and doesn't think we'll have to bring her back in and she got all of it, and cleared her out. And just keep using the sucker on her. When we got out of the elevator (which is next door to the gift shop) she reminded her dad about her balloon, so she picked out an Elmo one. I hope she starts to feel better in these next 2 days! I hate seeing her sick! Breaks my heart! :(



No comments:

Post a Comment