First of all. I have not done my nails since before Khlo was born so a few weeks go so I really wanted to do my nails because they were looking pretty atrocious (and y'all know I try to do my nails every week or every other..) So while the girls went down for a nap, I opted out and used part of that time to do my nails :) I came across a fun nail tutorial video on YouTube and let's see how I did:
Epic fail.The minted nail polish color I tried to use..didn't agree with the alcohol or something because every time I tried to transfer the newspaper onto the nail it would take off the nail polish and smear and was just a mess. So I tried it again with a different brand and color and it worked out a lot better.
This is what you will need:*Nail polish (In the video she used a grey color to give the "newspaper effect" but I didn't want grey..cause it's spring time..I wanted a cool color instead. So I picked one of the polishes I was wearing previously Essie's "Nice is nice" in a light purple color.
*Top Coat
*Rubbing Alcohol & a plastic dish to put it in
*Nail Polish remover and cotton swabs/balls
*Newspaper
This is how it turned out! I think it's not too bad and pretty cute. This was the last nail I did..and by then I kinda had my own technique down but didn't want to redo all my nails over again. So *next time*. So what you wanna do is paint your nails than when there dry, dip one of your nails in the container of rubbing alcohol for 5 seconds submerging your entire nail and than getting a piece of printed newspaper and putting it directly over your nail and pressing down lightly for 10 seconds and than slowly pull off the newspaper from one side going across to the other, let that dry for just a few seconds and than cover it lol I ment go over it with top coat. I used Maybelline's express finish top coat (any top coat will do) this kind was like $3 something from Smith's (I couldn't find my O.P.I. top coat which is reg. $8.50) after I was done I found it in my purse (of course) can never find things when I need them..Grr!
Some of them turned out light and as you could see the last nail I did (my thumb in my prev. picture) was a lot darker..but by then I got the gist of what works better (technique of pressing it down..but not to hard and etc..) there not perfect..but I think they turned out pretty cute, and it was pretty fast to do, didn't take much more time than just painting my nails as usual.Newspaper is good for something after all... ;)
♥ T Momma
I'm excited to try this! Cute nails!
ReplyDelete